The Family Managed Resource Centre Will
- Connect Families to other Families who are currently utilizing FMS to share information and support.
- Provide workshops and training on topics that pertain to FMS such as family leadership, staff retention and planning for the future.
- Provide access to a lending library of books, videos and brochures
- Share information on upcoming events, workshops and training within our community.
- Provide support and advocacy
- Have information regarding bookkeeping and payroll including a list of local bookkeepers who are familiar with FMS and are recommended by other families.
- Have a database pool of potential staff for families to interview and possibly hire to work with their loved one with a disability. Families will be able to review this database to find who they feel may be a good match, based on a set of criteria that the potential employee indicated in the database. All potential employees must provide a criminal record check as well as a CWIS check prior to being inputted into the database.
- Have a collection of paperwork for families to adapt and change to meet their needs, such as confidentiality agreements, job offers and time sheets, interview questions and reference checks.